In conjunction with the (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will enter into force on May 25, 2018. We assure you that any information you share with us is treated privately and confidentially. Your data is used solely to update about our travels and tours, as well as invitations and offers for events, lectures and more.
1. ABOUT ARCTIC FRIEND
Strandgade 102, 1st floor
1401 Copenhagen K.
Tel: +45 76 10 00 70
2. WE TAKE DATA SECURITY SERIOUSLY
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable physical person means a person who can be identified directly or indirectly, by an identification number or one or more items specific to a given person’s identity.
4. WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE HAVE ON YOU AND WHY?
The data we collect about you will be used for various purposes in connection with your customer relationship and the operation of Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure. The information collected may differ depending on whether you are a customer, supplier or partner, but generally there will be information about customer administration, supplier administration, and information about Arctic Friend / Culture Adventures rights and obligations.
Failure to provide personal information on your part may mean that Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure will be unable to fulfill its obligations in relation to your customer or supplier relationship.
Arctic Friend collects and processes only personal personal information. However, in the case of booking a trip, it may be necessary for us to treat sensitive personal information (for example, information about special menus on your flight or information about the need for special assistance on your journey), as well as information about CPR numbers (eg in connection with obtaining a passport for use for a visa application) in order to deliver the desired trip to you.
ARCTIC FRIEND WILL TYPICALLY COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Information about our customers:
- Information you give us when you book a trip or create a travel profile with us, eg online through the website or contact our sales representatives, including contact details (first name, middle name (s), last name, address, phone number, e-mail address and possible position), CPR number (for visa applications etc.), passport number, bank details, credit card information, information you provide to your special preferences on the trip (eg information on special costs, need for special assistance in connection with disability or other illness, etc.), health information (for treatment trips, sports trips, etc.), information about height, weight, clothing and shoe size (for use with equipment for skiing trips, sports trips, etc.), the purpose of the journey, information about which languages you speak, citizenship, bonus card numbers, membership of our associates’ associations, contact details of your immediate relatives, requisition (in connection with business or treatment trips), information that you give us about your preferences regarding marketing or communication, as well as information you provide us if you contact us with a question to report a problem or when you are addressing to us in connection with your customer relationship with us.
- Information about our suppliers and partners
- Information you provide in connection with the conclusion of a delivery or cooperation agreement, including contact information (work, job title, first name, middle name (s), last name, address, phone number and email address) information you provide about your preferences in relation to marketing or communication, as well as information that you provide us if you contact us with a question to report a problem, or when you contact us as part of our cooperation.
5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Arctic Friend processes your personal information to fulfill the purposes listed below. Please note that not all of the stated purposes, categories of information, recipients of information or types of information processing apply to you in all cases.
Arctic Friend exclusively processes your personal information to the extent necessary for your customer, supplier or cooperative relationship (taking into account any interests in each case) or in accordance with applicable law.
Arctic Friend processes your personal information in connection with the establishment and ongoing administration of your customer relationship with Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure as part of the operation of our business, including booking travel and delivery of our other products (such as visa applications, travel insurance, transfer services etc.), maintenance of our customer records, if any. credit ratings, billing, debt collection, marketing, statistics, etc. All statistics and analyzes are prepared in anonymous format and therefore do not contain information that can be directly attributed to you as a person.
Administration of supplier and cooperative relations
Arctic Friend treats your personal information in connection with the management of supplier and / or collaborative relationships where you are a supplier or partner or contact person at a supplier or partner that Arctic Friend collaborates with as part of the operation of our company, including maintaining our CRM registry with information about our contacts with our suppliers and partners.
Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Arctic Friend is processing your personal information in compliance with laws and regulations that Arctic Friend is subject to in connection with the operation of the company or to fulfill various reporting or disclosure obligations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Arctic Friend does not use your personal information to make decisions based solely on automatic processing, including profiling.
Arctic Friend strives to ensure that all personal information we process is accurate and up to date. We therefore ask you to always notify us of any changes in your personal circumstances (eg change of address or payment information) so that we can ensure that your personal information is always accurate and up to date.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Arctic Friend basically processes the information about you for one of the following reasons: (1) Your consent, (2) the conclusion or performance of your contract with Arctic Friend, (3) the consideration of our legitimate interests, ie the purposes described above, (4) fulfillment of a legal obligation imposed by Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure, (5) the protection of your or any other physical person’s vital interests; (6) processing is necessary in order to legal requirements can be established, enforced or defended; and (7) processing is necessary to comply with Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure or your labor, health and social law obligations under national or EU law. In addition, there may be situations where we treat your personal information for the sake of third parties’ legitimate interests with regard to the purposes described above, unless consideration is given to your interests.
7. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Arctic Friend only disclose the information to the extent necessary for the operation of our business, including to provide your travel and the other products you have purchased with us in connection therewith.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, please see addendum at the bottom of the page.
Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure will typically pass personal information to the following recipients when ordering a travel and related products:
- Global Distribution System (GDS)
- A GDS is an IT network system owned or operated by a company that allows transactions between travel industry service providers, mainly airlines, hotels, car rental companies and travel agents. A GDS connects services, prices and booking by consolidating products across the three travel sectors, ie. flight reservations, hotel reservations and car rental.
- Arctic Friend uses the following GDSs as part of our company: Amadeus, Travelport
- Arctic Friend discloses personal information to airlines when booking your trip. For the purpose of booking your flight, we will typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), surname, departure airport, destination, departure and return date, bonus card number, special wishes for your trip including booking special menu items during flight and Possibly. need special assistance on the plane or at the airport of the chosen airline.
- In connection with travel to special destinations, we can also provide information about your passport number to the airline.
- Arctic Friend passes personal information to the hotels that you will use on your trip. For the purpose of booking your hotel accommodation, we will typically provide details of first name, middle name (s), last name, destination, date of arrival and departure, room category, bonus card number, special wishes for your trip, including booking special cost during hotel stay and possibly . need special assistance during the hotel stay in connection with disability or illness.
- Car Rental
- Arctic Friend discloses personal information to car rental companies if you need a vehicle available during your trip. For the purpose of booking your rental car, we will typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), surname, pickup location, rental period, vehicle category, bonus card number, special wishes for the rental of the vehicle, including special measures relating to disability or illness, child seats etc.
- Arctic Friend uses the following bedbanks as part of our company: Auto Europe.
- Bus Business
- Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure passes personal information to bus companies if you are on a bus trip as part of your trip (eg day trips to famous tourist attractions, etc.). For the purpose of booking your bus trip, we will typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), surname, pickup location, date and time of bus, destination and special wishes for the bus trip, including booking special menu items during the bus trip and possibly need special assistance during the hotel stay due to disability or illness.
- Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure passes personal information to shipping companies if you are on a ship trip as part of your trip (for example, day trips to famous tourist attractions, cruises, etc.). For the purpose of booking your ship trip, we will typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), surname, destination, itinerary, date and time of departure and departure as well as special wishes in connection with the cruise, including booking of special menus during the sailing and Possibly. need for special assistance during sailing due to disability or illness.
- A sofa bed is an IT network system owned or operated by a company that allows transactions between travel industry service providers, mainly hotels and travel agencies or end customers. Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure passes personal information to bedbanks to book the hotels that you will use on your trip. For the purpose of booking your hotel accommodation through a bedside bed, we will typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), last name, destination, date of arrival and departure, room category, bonus card number, special wishes for your trip, including booking special costs hotel stay and possibly need special assistance during the hotel stay in connection with disability or illness.
- Arctic Friend uses the following bedbanks as part of our business: Expedia, Sun Hotels, Agoda
- Local partners
- If you are going to participate in events, excursions or transportation, Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure may disclose personal information to our local partners abroad. Our local partners have the task of arranging that excursion or transfer when ordering the desired services with local suppliers at the destination. For bookings of your excursions, transfers, etc. we typically provide information about first name, middle name (s), surname, date and time of arrival and / or departure, type of vehicle, destination and special wishes in connection with the transfer or excursion, including ordering special menus and, if applicable, need special assistance due to disability or illness.
- insurance companies
- As part of the booking of your trip with us, you have the opportunity to purchase a travel and / or a cancellation insurance. If you wish to purchase such insurance, we will disclose personal information to the insurance company for the purpose of collecting the insurance with them. For the purpose of drawing a travel and / or cancellation insurance, we typically provide information to the insurance company regarding first name, middle name (s), last name, e-mail address, destination, departure and return date, and travel type.
- Arctic Friend cooperates with the following insurance companies as part of our company: Gouda.
- Equipment Rental Companies
- As part of the booking of your trip with us, you will be able to rent any equipment you may need on your trip, for example ski equipment, diving equipment and the like. If you wish to rent such equipment, we will disclose the information to the company at your destination to which you will be renting the equipment. For equipment rental we typically provide information to the rental company about first name, middle name (s), surname, type of equipment, pick-up location, rental period and information about height, weight, clothes and shoe size.
- Especially regarding qualified offers
- When choosing Arctic Friend, you have the opportunity to get a qualified offer on a trip. A qualified offer is a form of offer, in which a preliminary booking of the desired trip is made for you when preparing the offer. This allows you to reserve a space on the desired departures for up to three days before deciding whether to issue a ticket on the preliminary reservation or whether it should be canceled.
- In order to make a qualified offer, we disclose the information about you and the requested reservation to a GDS (as mentioned above) that makes the preliminary booking with the airline, hotel, etc.
- As a result of the acquisition of the qualifying offer, information about your employees is passed to several new independent data controllers (GDS, airlines, hotels, etc.). Your information may be retained by these recipients after the expiry of the offer – even in case of cancellation of the offer.
- In addition, Arctic Friend may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to other suppliers and / or service providers in connection with the general operation of our company, for example, in connection with remote administration of our IT systems, analysis tasks, marketing tasks, debt collection, credit rating , audit, legal assistance, etc.
For further information about our suppliers and partners’ processing and protection of your personal information, please refer to their privacy policies and terms.
Arctic Friend aims to limit the disclosure of personal data in personally feasible format to the extent possible to limit the cases where information that is attributable to you personally is disclosed.
Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure does not disclose your personal information unless this is necessary to perform our business or meet your needs.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Due to the nature of the Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure company, your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EU / EEA when booking a trip with us. In order to be able to deliver our services to you, we need to use partners and suppliers outside the EU / EEA in certain cases.
Without the possibility of transferring your information to recipients outside the EU / EEA, Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure will be unable to deliver the desired trip to you. This applies if booking your trip assumes that information is sent to recipients outside the EU / EEA, for example, to book flights, hotels, etc. at your travel destination.
Data protection legislation in these countries may be easier than it is in Denmark and in the rest of the EU / EEA, as in most cases there will be countries where the European Commission has assessed that the data protection level is not in line with the data protection level within EU / EEA.
In the event that it is practically possible for us, the transfer of your personal data will be based on the standard transfer contracts developed by the European Commission, specially prepared for this purpose. As far as shipments to the United States are concerned, they will as far as possible be done on the basis of Privacy Shield. Privacy Shield is an agreement between the EU and the United States which, among other things, establishes a strong set of data protection rules and security measures that US affiliates adhere to are obliged to comply with when processing personal data.
In certain cases, however, it will not be practical for Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure to enter into a standard transfer contract or use Privacy Shield as a legal transfer basis. In such cases, the transfer of the information will be carried out pursuant to Article 49 (1) (b) of the Data Protection Regulation, as the transfer of your personal data to the country concerned is necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the contract between you and the Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure ) or for the purpose of implementing measures taken at your request prior to the conclusion of such a contract (for example, in the case of the submission of a qualified offer as mentioned above under section 7).
It is therefore important that you are aware that transferring your personal data to countries outside the EU / EEA when booking a trip with Arctic Friend / Culture Adventure means that your personal information will not enjoy the same protection as after Danish or EU legal rules.
In connection with the transfer of information, there is a potential risk that there is no clear, precise and available rules in the country in question regarding the authority of the country’s authority to use your personal information; that there are no rules that the access of your country’s authorities to your information must be necessary and proportionate; that the country does not have an independent and effective supervisory authority and that it has no available and effective remedies for the data subjects.
If you do not want Arctic Friend to send your personal information to non-EU / EEA recipients, please do not hesitate to contact us at the latest when booking your trip.
Arctic Friend does not, in any event, pass your personal information to recipients outside of the EU / EEA unless this is necessary to perform our business and meet your needs, for example, by providing the desired trip to you.
9. DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
Personal data are no longer stored in order to fulfill the purpose for which they have been collected unless the storage is required to comply with national legal requirements, including statutory storage periods in connection with bookkeeping, etc.
It is the Arctic Friend policy to protect personal data by taking adequate technical and organizational security measures. When your personal information is no longer required, we will ensure that they are deleted in a safe manner.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right at any time to apply your rights under current data protection laws. For example, you may request insights into the personal information held by Arctic Friend, as well as objecting to the processing of the information, including objecting to automated decisions and profiling or against the use of your personal information for direct marketing. Additionally, you may request correction or deletion of any incorrect information about yourself, withdraw consent for processing your personal data, and may apply your right to data deprivation.
If you wish to make one or more of your rights apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed in accordance with the data protection legislation currently in force.
Complaint about Arctic Friend processing of your personal information can be done at:
Data Protection Agency
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 Copenhagen K
Arctic Friend (Culture Adventure ApS) processes personal data about you and therefore you will receive the following information (Privacy).
- Data Controller
- Arctic Friend (CVR No: 31596998) is the data controller. This means that we are responsible for your personal information.
- Purpose and basis for collecting personal data
- We will ensure that your personal information is collected and processed solely for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide newsletters that you have subscribed to
- To answer any questions or objections you may have
- In order for you to receive invitations and information about events and travel
- Our basis for processing your personal information is:
- Your consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) of the Data Protection Regulation. 1 (a)
- The interest rate rule in accordance with Article 6 (1) of the Data Protection Regulation. 1, f. The processing of your personal data for profiling is necessary for Arctic Friend to pursue a legitimate interest in the form of targeted inquiries and an improved user experience
- If the basis for processing your personal information is your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
- We will keep your personal information until your consent is revoked and you will no longer receive newsletters from us.
- Your rights
- You can access your personal information at any time, request us to correct incorrect personal information and get deleted or changed by contacting us. You may also request that processing be limited, data portability or objections to our processing of your personal information.
- If you wish to appeal against our processing of your personal information, please contact the Data Inspectorate.
- You are entitled at any time to object to the processing of your personal data with direct marketing purposes.
- Transfer, transfer and disclosure of personal data to third parties
- We reserve the right to use or disclose information to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law, conduct investigations in connection with complaints, respond to your requests or for investigative purposes.
- Transfers to third country recipients, including international organizations:
- Only trusted employees, representatives and suppliers with a work-related need have access to your personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, to the extent necessary to deliver a service to us or act on behalf of us.
- We will transfer your personal information to recipients outside the EU and the EEA. It is about Mailchimp, which is located in the United States. The necessary guarantees for the transfer of information to the United States are secured through the data processor’s certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield, cf. the EU Personal Data Regulation. 45. To the extent that we use data providers other than those established outside the EU, it will always be observed in the event of valid transfer guarantees.
If you have questions about the above, contact Kasper Trojlsgaard at email@example.com